I had lunch today with an entrepreneur who has recently been tasked with galvanizing a large overseas reseller market.
We talked about ways to address this new market and how to become a thought-leader with the new audience. Here are a few marketing ideas I suggested:
- Build a target list of the top reseller prospects through linkedIn. Employ the LinkedIn group hack to capture all the members of relevant private groups. Contact them through multiple channels and means.
- Find target audiences pains and create written content (blog posts) that help them alleviate their problems.
- Build a ‘VIP” Twitter private list of 40 people and schedule 20+ tweet responses to members each week.
- Respond to 3 pertinent questions in LinkedIn groups or Quora each week.
- Comment on 3 prospect blog posts each week.
- Pre-populate 15 social posts using current content each week.
- Monitor prospects with a sales intelligence tool and connect with them over 10 trigger events each week.
- Send a semi-monthly content mailer to the target audience.
- Set-up marketing drip campaigns and recycle content through emails.
- Create a conference or recurring meeting of like minds.
Now this looks like a lot of work on the surface, but if you set each item up as a recurring task in your project management app (I recommend Trello), eventually this stuff becomes simple process.
So what do you think about these suggestions for marketing into a new reseller territory?