Since the beginning of the year, we’ve received over 10,000 visits to the SalesLoft site through organic, search engine traffic. Now it may not sound like a lot but it’s something we’re proud of and has contributed to over 100 content submissions and signups for our services.
Getting this level of organic traffic has taken a good bit of work and effort (mostly because I didn’t understand or know the value of SEO). Now I realize SEO is much easier than my earlier impressions.
So here are 6 quick steps to get SEO going for your startup:
- Read the Beginners Guide to SEO from SEOMoz. Spend an afternoon or weekend morning. It’s worth it.
- Use WordPress for your marketing site or blog
- Install the Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress
- Setup Google + Rel = Author
- Post at least 1 blog per week
- Use desired keyword in blog Title, body content, URL, ALT image text & Yoast plugin (focus keyword, SEO Title, meta description).
SEO can be intimidating, but it’s easier than you think. Hope these tips help.