Last week, I gave a talk at our startup Alma Mater, TechStars, in Boulder, CO.
I shared the mistakes I made along the way to becoming a successful SaaS company, and how a focus on organizational health and culture made all the difference. This deck has plenty of details that I hope you can use to boost your organizational health:
Here’s a brief overview of the main points:
- A focus on organizational health is never beneath the CEO
- Culture starts with core values: ours are positive, supportive, self-starting, open, empathetic, and exceptional
- Know the “how, what, and why” of your business
- Have an actionable blueprint to accomplish your how, what, and why
- Develop a company-wide One Page Strategic Plan every quarter
- Develop a meeting rhythm and company pulse
What do you think? Is there anything missing that you use to keep your business running smoothly?