Some of my favorite people were all gathered in the same room today. It was the Start-up Showcase & annual celebration for the ATDC, This event celebrates successful companies who have been a part of the group that is the epicenter of Atlanta Tech. I’ve been around ATDC since I was 22. I just turned 29 and this show was my favorite to date. Here are the reasons:
- Funding. There are a lot of funding stories taking place right now. The investors are active and many of the entrepreneurs have a great story to tell. One of my favorite bits of info is the news that ATA is starting strong and leading their first investment round since new leadership.
- Hiring. I talked to five+ companys that are adding people. For example, Bart Foster at SoloHealth mentioned that he was growing to a total of 35 people before the year end. I’d assume they are around 12 right now.
- Getting to revenue before investment. This may be my favorite. And this is a great trend. A handful of companies I spoke with already have customer contracts and revenue, before taking on or even asking for capital. Kudos to these people, you know who you are!
- Lastly, the Exciting start-ups. My three favorites where Verdeeco, LiquidText & SecureHealthPay. You should check them out.
Did you attend the event? if so, what were your thoughts? I’d love to hear if I was the only one who took such positives from the climate.
* Neat addendum, this post basically represents the one year anniversary of my blog. Last year I ran Wiffiti on the projection screen for the show & wrote about it here. I did it again this year and had a blast.