Light design skills are helpful to have as a B2B startup founder.
In just this past year here are some of the tasks I’ve worked on, which allowed us to be more efficient by doing them myself:
- Adjusting WordPress themes
- Building landing pages
- Designing email templates
- Designing images for blogs and custom video thumbnails
- Creating white papers and e-books
- Building out profile pages: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, AppExchange
- Creating slide decks for pitches, awards, sales presentations, accelerators, etc
Successful B2B companies adopt many of the characteristics of consumer apps, especially in relation to content marketing. As a company founder it’s effective to be able to crank these out on your own rather than outsource them or hire for them…especially if you are non-technical.